On-Demand Professional Education
Seniors Housing Middle Market Conundrum – Development Challenges in Today’s Environment
In partnership with Seniors Housing Business
Presented by: Craig Abbott, EVP, and Mike Edwin, VP, Consulting
Developing seniors housing, assisted living, and memory care has always been challenging. It is particularly difficult to develop affordable products and services for the middle market – those individuals who earn too much income to qualify for assistance and too little income for typically market rate and private pay alternatives. The COVID-19 pandemic added challenges for developers and operators including higher costs for start-up and ground up developments due to materials and labor expense and availability, thus making developing for the middle market that much more difficult.
During this webinar, we will:
- Share demographic and other trends to set the stage.
- Discuss the challenges of developing for the middle market.
- Present strategies to meet the growing need of this demographic segment.
PDPM, Specialty Services and COVID: What to do Next?
Presented by: Brian Ellsworth, VP, Public Policy and Payment Transformation, and Darrin Hull, EVP, Consulting
Prior to the pandemic, the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) was the biggest change in the skilled nursing environment in 20 years, creating a renewed focus on nursing care, proactive care management and coding excellence. As COVID-19 has impacted hospital referrals and provider relief funding is exhausted, PDPM will become even more important. This webinar will review the results of PDPM implementation to date and a case study on how to address census challenges and revenue shortfalls going forward.
After this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the current state of PDPM implementation, implications of the FY 2021 final rule, as well as the longer-term outlook for skilled nursing payment
- Comprehend how COVID-19 impacts occupancy and short-term rehabilitation care, including coverage waivers and payment issues
- Recognize opportunities to improve payment and restore occupancy by implementing specialty programs such as dialysis, respiratory therapy and wound care
Exploring Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE): Understanding the Basics of Feasibility and Development
Presented by: Tom Stitt, VP, Consulting Services, and Colin Higgins, Director, Analytics and Research
The Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly industry has experienced significant growth over the last two years. The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in even greater attention to the capabilities of the PACE model of care. In this webinar, we will explore the basics of PACE and provide an understanding of the key steps in developing a PACE program from feasibility to implementation.
- Understand the unique principles of the PACE model of care
- Discover if PACE is a good fit for your organization and community
- Recognize the timeline and steps needed to take from feasibility study to implementation
Evolving Post-Acute Strategies Under COVID-19
Presented by: Darrin Hull, EVP, Consulting, and Brian Ellsworth, VP, Public Policy and Payment Transformation
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the health care system has undergone years of change packed into a few months. In this webinar, we will examine these changes from the perspective of post-acute and long-term care, with a look at where we have been and where we are likely to go. This session will include a discussion of lessons learned from outbreaks, operational imperatives, and a glimpse into the future by examining critical public policies and future demand for post-acute and long-term care.
- Synthesize lessons learned for post-acute and long-term care providers from the initial outbreak of COVID-19.
- Understand operational challenges and opportunities.
- Outline likely future trends and public policy changes as the pandemic unfolds.
Managing a Successful Senior Living Turnaround in a COVID-19 Era and Beyond
Presented by: Craig Abbott, EVP, Growth, and Darrin Hull, EVP, Consulting
Through rapid growth, development in overly saturated markets, weak sales and marketing infrastructure, labor challenges and untested and inexperienced management, the senior living marketplace has seen an increase in underperforming assets in recent years. The unprecedented COVID-19-related realities that the industry is navigating at this time only add to the strain being felt by these troubled senior living communities. These challenges will force operators to move from their normal and customary operating routines into planful and robust turnaround management practices.
Watch now to explore topics such as:
- External and internal factors that contribute to the underperformance of senior living assets
- The warning signs of operational decline/failure
- The Turnaround Matrix – Understand the stages of a comprehensive turnaround plan, including the impact of COVID-19 on these strategies
- Execution of the turnaround plan
- Return to the “new normal” – Life after the Turnaround