HDG Managed Community Coronavirus Precautions:
Updated as of June 11, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. CT
Health Dimensions Group cares deeply for the health, safety, and well-being of our residents and staff throughout all of our senior living and care communities, and providing the best possible care is our highest priority. We have implemented many changes in our operations to prepare for and respond to COVID-19 in our communities and we are taking every action possible to further prevent the virus from spreading. Our priority is to keep everyone safe and healthy. We are in close communications with local and state health officials, and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to ensure we are taking all appropriate steps at this time.
We continue to follow all recommended guidance from CDC and CMS, including:
- Isolating residents and implementing enhanced infection control measures. This includes establishing a designated area in the building should there be a resident with a positive COVID-19 diagnosis and isolating the resident in their room. We will have designated staff to support and care for them, and continue to follow all infection control protocols as outlined by the CDC, CMS, and local and state health officials. The resident(s) will remain in isolation until well and cleared by medical professionals to return to normal activity.
- Continuing to monitor and screen residents for symptoms. We continue to actively screen residents for fever and respiratory symptoms. Residents: we appreciate your partnership in keeping yourself and others healthy. Please wash your hands often and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Please notify the staff immediately if you feel sick.
- Continuing to screen staff prior to beginning work. Staff are not allowed in the building if they are ill. Screening includes taking temperature upon arriving at the building as well as completing a detailed health screening. Any staff who exhibit symptoms are instructed to isolate at home, call their medical provider, and notify their supervisor.
- Continuing to implement environmental safety precautions. Housekeeping staff continue to take extra measures to clean and disinfect all high-touch areas throughout the building. This includes countertops and tables, faucet handles, toilet flush handles, door knobs, crash bars, door handles, bathroom and kitchen areas, elevator call buttons, and hand rails.
- Continuing to restrict visitors in our building for everyone’s safety. We encourage loved ones to communicate with you by phone, letters, video chat, and/or social media. We understand that it is hard to not have visitors, especially family. Visitors who need to enter the building for end-of-life care situations are evaluated on a case-by-case basis to assure safety for all.
- Continuing to restrict congregate dining and cancel any group activities that don’t allow for social distancing. This occurred following social distancing guidance from the CDC and CMS, and state and local health officials.
- Utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) when interacting with residents, as directed by CMS guidelines.
We will continue to be in close communications with local and state health officials and are monitoring new information from the CDC and CMS to ensure we are taking the appropriate steps.
We want to take this opportunity to share our ongoing gratitude to our dedicated staff and their commitment to the care of and service to our residents. Their courage is nothing short of inspiring. It is moments like these that we remember our true calling and what brought us to senior health care. We care deeply about our residents and staff and consider them to be members of our own extended families.
We are all in this together and again, thank you for support and understanding.
Note to HDG clients:
In compliance with social distancing guidelines, the HDG corporate office has been closed and we have constructed a work from home plan for all corporate office employees. HDG recognizes the concerns around COVID-19 and is working closely with its clients to limit any non-essential onsite visits and travel and can meet via virtual video conferencing or webinar as an alternative to on-site meetings. Our goal is to be as supportive as possible to our clients as they manage the risks associated with COVID-19.
To assist our clients, managed communities, and other providers in preparing and responding to COVID-19, Health Dimensions Group has created a Skilled Nursing & Senior Living COVID-19 Response & Resource Guide which is available for your download and use. If you have any questions, or HDG can assist you in your preparedness or response, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 763.537.5700.
Important Notice for Non-Essential Vendors
All non-essential vendors should conduct business via phone/web conferencing for meetings and sales calls until further notice. Absolutely no “cold calls” or sales calls will be allowed until further notice.
We are grateful for your partnership and thank you for understanding!
Note to media:
Please send any media inquiries to email@example.com.
Thank you for understanding!