Ensuring the health and safety of HDG and managed community staff, residents, and clients is our first priority. We are acting now and have reviewed our infection prevention and control policies and procedures, as this is key to preventing coronavirus and other common viruses. We are ensuring that our staff and residents across all of our managed communities are practicing proper hand hygiene and other prevention protocols, and we have a trained infection preventionists who are taking the lead on facility risk assessment for this and other infections. Per recent guidance by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, we are restricting all visitors to our communities except for compassionate care, such as end-of-life situations. Additionally, we are implementing other recommended precautionary guidelines, such as cancelling all group activities and communal dining. Furthermore, in compliance with social distancing guidelines, the HDG corporate office has been closed and we have constructed a work from home plan for all corporate office employees. We are in very close communication with local and state health officials and are monitoring new information for the CDC to ensure we are taking the appropriate steps.
Skilled Nursing & Senior Living COVID-19 Response & Resource Guide:
To assist our clients, managed communities, and other providers in preparing and responding to COVID-19, Health Dimensions Group has created a Skilled Nursing & Senior Living COVID-19 Response & Resource Guide which is available for your download and use. If you have any questions, or HDG can assist you in your preparedness or response, please contact us at email@example.com or 763.537.5700.
HDG Managed Community Coronavirus Precautions:
Updated as of March 19, 2020 at 12:45 p.m. CST
Due to recent guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, we have restricted all visitors to all HDG managed communities except for compassionate care, such as end-of-life situations. Please see below for additional information.
Please note the following:
- If you are visiting one of our communities to provide medically necessary care to residents, you are an approved visitor. Please see below for guidelines regarding your visit.
- If you are delivering supplies or equipment, please work directly with community staff to arrange a designated location for delivery.
Please call the site in advance to alert the staff of your arrival.
If you have essential business as noted above, please assess the following before you visit:
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19?
- Have you or someone you’ve been in contact with traveled to China, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Italy, via cruise ship, or in any area experiencing a Coronavirus outbreak in the past 14 days? Check the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at https://www.cdc.gov/ for any new guidelines and/or travel restrictions.
- Do you have any cold or other related symptoms? Symptoms might include but are not limited to shortness of breath, cough, sneezing, runny nose, and body aches.
- Do you have a fever of 100 degrees or higher?
If you answered “Yes” to ANY of the above questions, please do NOT visit our communities, and consult your medical provider immediately.
If you are an approved visitor, please follow these guidelines when visiting:
- Please check-in at the front desk upon arrival. You will receive a health screening, including having your temperature taken. You will receive a mask to wear during your visit.
- According to the CDC, the best way to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like COVID-19 is to thoroughly wash your hands, or alternatively, use one of the available hand sanitizers at the community.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth; avoid close contact with people who are sick, cover your nose and mouth when coughing.
- Keep your distance from people who are sick (6 feet or more).
- Most importantly, stay home, and please DO NOT visit if you are sick.
Important Notice for Non-Essential Vendors
All non-essential vendors should conduct business via phone/web conferencing for meetings and sales calls until further notice. Absolutely no “cold calls” or sales calls will be allowed until further notice.
This is a fast-changing situation. We are closely monitoring guidance and recommendations provided by the CDC and in regular communication with local and state public health officials.
We are grateful for your partnership and thank you for understanding!
Note to our clients:
HDG recognizes the concerns around COVID-19 and is working closely with its clients to limit any non-essential onsite visits and travel and can meet via virtual video conferencing or webinar as an alternative to on-site meetings. Our goal is to be as supportive as possible to our clients as they manage the risks associated with COVID-19.
Note to media:
Please send any media inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for understanding!